Monday, June 9, 2008

Babysitting Ellie


On Friday night I packed up Eli and went to Meredith's house to get ready to watch Ellie. We were so excited because we really haven't been able to spend any good quality time with sweet little Ellie since she was 4 days old, and she's now 2 1/2 months old! And hello, if those two are going to get married, they better start spending some good time together! :)

So we made it to Mere's around 4:00 and the Patterson's showed up right around that time to drop her off and fill us in on all things Ellie.

Ellie is so funny because she LOVES to be bounced in her little pink chair. And not just little soft bounces, she likes the big deep bounces! So cute!! Anyways, the kids were really good the whole time! Eli did lots of eating and peeing. Ellie did lots of bouncing and stretching and all was good until...

the end of the night. Eli had been awake since 3:oo, and Ellie had been awake since at least 4:00. It was now 9:45 and the breakdowns were beginning. Meredith and I were packing up the kids to meet Rach and Steven at their hotel. Eli was beyond his breaking point and Ellie had had enough of the bouncing and stretching. We loaded up Eli in his car seat and he began the "I'm passed the point of just tired, I'm now exhausted" scream crying. Then Mere climbed in the back seat next to him, with Eli on her right. Then we loaded Ellie on her left into her car seat. And probably from Eli's mental breakdown, Ellie started cry screaming as well. I ran back into the apartment to grab something and when I came back, Mere was sitting in the middle of them with this funny stressed look on her face and the two kids were screaming. hahaha... I was laughing so hard. I wish OH how I wish I would have tortured them a little longer to take a picture, but I decided just to start driving.

Not long after that, they were both happy and asleep. And Mere and I were happy and quiet. hahaha... It was really funny actually.

Here are some pictures from the night:Ellie in the magical pink bouncy chair
Mere and Eli play time
he kept staring at this water on the ground...
hahaha... Eli peed on Mere's crotchso sweet Ellie!
he's either trying to comfort her or he's making a move a little too soon
Eli loved Steven!

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi. I have been reading your blog for quite some time now, and decided to finally leave a comment. I can't even remember how I found your blog, I just thought it was crazy that you live in Wylie. That is where my best friend lives. Anyway, I was just wondering where you got Eli's shirt that he has on in these pics? We are pregnant with our 3rd, and if it is a boy (we find out in July), I just have to get him one of those. We are all things music and guitars!!! :) Anyway, hope you are having a fantastic start to the summer!
Ashley McWhorter

mcwhorterfamily.blogspot.com

Susanlee said...

Poor Ellie looks so stressed out in that first picture. Too much pressure on her big date, I suppose. I cannot believe how BIG Eli is!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You are too sweet!!!! :) I love meeting new blog "friends", as well. Next time we visit Wylie, maybe we can have a play date. My best friend has two great boys. :)

The Mellberg Family said...

Hey, just wanted to tell you about this site, I'm sure you being a teacher and all you probably already know about it but I wanted to pass it along. Tutor.com, you can sign up to tutor kids online to make extra money. The pics of the E squared clan are pretty cute.

A Mere Thought said...

What a night!!!!