Tuesday, March 16, 2010

People get ready

Well, it's been over a month since I was last on here! Y'all, when Wes is gone it is so hard for me to get stuff done! And he's been gone a lot!

Ok, so people get ready. Here we go:

Today we're just trying out potty training with Eli. He's pretty much obsessed with potties but we've never really started anything with him about it. He is all about sitting on the potty (as of this posting he has been sitting there for about 18 minutes, and my son does not sit for anything!) and so we're making the most of it and seeing what happens!

I am fine with potty humor and stuff but constantly talking about pee pee and poo poo is already getting old. Uh oh. Today is only day 1! I've heard a million suggestions on how to make this all go down but honestly, who the heck knows! What works for one might not work for another! (hmm... he just got up and moved to Judah's bumbo seat... sigh...)

The most appealing advice to me was to just relax, not pressure him, and just take it as it comes. I can do that. It's Spring Break so we thought we might as well give it a shot!

Judah turned 3 months old this month! He is well into his 3-6 month clothes and I highly doubt he'll make it to 6 months in those clothes! He is so big y'all! I can't wait for his 4 month check up to see how much he has grown because it really seems like a lot!

We did experience the worst night of our entire lives last Wednesday. I don't think it was until Sunday evening that Wes and I finally got over it. I had been taking a nap with Judah on my bed. I woke up, left him in there (in the middle of course on his blanket) and went to play with Wes and Eli in the living room.

Every 10 minutes or so one of us goes and checks on Judah. Well we had heard him start to wake up and start talking a little bit so I got up to go get him. I walked in the door, the lights were off, it was dark, and then all of a sudden I hear the worst cry from Judah I had ever heard. I run over to the bed and he isn't there. He is laying on the floor screaming. Right as I walked in, Judah fell off of our very tall bed (at least 3 feet) and landed on our hard floor. I screamed and picked him up as fast as I could. Wes heard me, we flipped on the light, and saw 2 huge bumps on my sweet baby's head. One in front. One in back. He had hit his head twice. Sickening.

Wes called 911 and within a matter of minutes the ambulance was at our house and we were loading our 3 month old into his car seat and strapping him into the ambulance to go to the ER.

All the signs were good. He cried immediately. The bumps were hard and they were sticking out instead of not crying and his head being sunken in. They put ice on his head on the way to the hospital and he had calmed down. When we arrived, the bumps were almost completely gone and Judah was acting totally normal. The ER doctor said that he wouldn't have thought anything was wrong with him if we had just walked in from the street.

We learned many lessons that night. The most important being that our 3 month old rolls over. We put him on his tummy to sleep (it's pretty much the only way he will sleep) and he can scoot and roll now. Wes and I put him on him tummy and within a minute Judah flipped himself over.

I know God spared my eyes from actually seeing Judah fall from our bed. I don't think you can forget images like that and seeing him on the floor was bad enough. He is totally fine. Thank God he will not have to ever remember that, and Wes and I had upset stomachs for several days after that incident. Every once in awhile we would just look at him and start crying. Worst night ever.

Rachel got to come to town for a concert she was in and so we got to spend some time with her and Ellie! It was so much fun! It is kind of crazy how alike our kids are! From the way they say things, to their mannerisms, and their little attitudes they are so similar! We loved it!

And I also got to meet Ashley!! She came to town to visit her bestie and we all met up for breakfast! She is just as fantastic in person as she is on her blog and I loved it! She took a picture so when I get it it will be posted!

In other news, I'm still slowly losing weight, which is awesome. I'm getting back on my Chalean Extreme bandwagon this week since I fell off when Wes left. Look Like Heaven on Seven One Seven is still going!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

EmmyKate fell off the bed while I was taking a shower once and I have still not gotten over what could have happened since we have a rod iron bed with slats. Let's just say I never left her on the bed again and I already won't leave Easton for more than a few minutes and he is only 3 weeks old. It scared me just a tad bit!

Amanda Stravinsky said...

I love how Eli has a book next to his potty hahaha cracks me up!

Kelli said...

Oh how I know that feeling, Amanda! It's like when Kate fell out of her stroller face first onto the parking lot at Hobby Lobby. I picked her up and she had scratches on her face and a bloody nose. I'm pretty sure she was only a month or so old. Ugh, I still almost cry thinking about it. I was crying so hard I couldn't even open my car door. Some sweet older lady came over to help me. It happens to the best of us!

Kelli said...

Oh how I know that feeling, Amanda! It's like when Kate fell out of her stroller face first onto the parking lot at Hobby Lobby. I picked her up and she had scratches on her face and a bloody nose. I'm pretty sure she was only a month or so old. Ugh, I still almost cry thinking about it. I was crying so hard I couldn't even open my car door. Some sweet older lady came over to help me. It happens to the best of us!

Anonymous said...

Amanda! Wow! I'm so sorry you guys had to experience that. It happens. B fell off our bed but he was a few months older and he fell on carpet. As soon as I picked him up he stopped crying. No bumps. No bruises. I too felt sick, weak, guilty, and much anxiety for several days. God is looking out for you all!:)

ok! So can I say I LOVE the potty pic and Judah on the couch with his beenie! Greatness!

Hope to see you soon!

Yomaida:)

Ashley McWhorter said...

I LOVED finally meeting you and getting to hug your neck! I will send you the pic!!! :)

Baba Ismail Love Spells Traditional Healer With the guidance of Love Spells specially Get Your Ex Back Spells learn the art of binding your lost love and fix broken love relationships. Sangoma | Inyan said...

Thank you for sharing great information it was worthttps://www.cast-a-spell.com/love-spell/h sharing