Thursday, February 28, 2008

where do I begin...

I feel like I have so much to say and no words to say it! Let me start by thanking you all for your comments, thoughts, and prayers. I have felt every good thing that you have sent me, and even though I literally cried every time I would read a new comment, those tears were tears of gratitude. So, truly, thank you!

This week has been such a roller coaster of emotions. Leaving Eli on Monday was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have never ever felt a pain like I did that day (well, except for feeling it every other day this week as well.) There is no way it is supposed to be like this. A mother shouldn't have to ever feel that, and Wes and I are working really hard to figure out a way for me to stay at home or work part time. So please let that be your new prayer for us!

Meredith surprised me by spending the night with me on Sunday night. She took a half day on Monday to help me get ready that morning for my first day back. She will never know how much that helped me.

Hannah has watched Eli Monday thru Wednesday, and my mom took off today to watch him. Hannah is the best because she would send me a little text message during the day to update me. And of course Eli loved being with his Gigi as well! They both made me feel so good and I knew my precious baby was safe and sound with them! Hannah also took some super cute photos of Eli (seen below) which I LOVED so at least I didn't feel like I missed every moment of him while I was gone.

Getting to school is very difficult. Once the day starts and my kids come in it gets better. My students are fantastic and I do cherish my time with them, but my heart remains at home with my son. They have been very sweet and so understanding of my crazy emotions!

Wes came home today (hallelujah!) which I was anxiously awaiting! I know he missed us so much and we missed him! But I am so proud of him and the guys. They are working so hard and I know this world is a better place because of their music. Check it out!

Thanks for being so encouraging friends! I know this whole blog world may seem kind of crazy at times, but it has truly helped me so much this week! You all are very precious to me!! Lots of hugs to you!









4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't worry. It will get easier. You just do what you have to do to make ends meet. God will put you at home when the time is right.

The Mellberg Family said...

Each day will get easier and before you know it summer will be here, and do you have spring break coming up. Just try to take one day at a time. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Susanlee said...

My poor Amanda!! I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you! I know that it will get easier for you, but I also know that it feels like it won't, and so my heart goes out to you. Those pictures are really lovely though, so at least some good came of it...

the walkers said...

oh amanda...i know how hard it is to leave, but just remember that he won't forget you! (that is what i was afraid of :) and God will provide, someway it will work out!! just know that you are irreplacable to eli! we will be praying for yall! and mere, so sweet. such a great friend!