Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Eli!

I seriously cannot believe it's here. Eli's first birthday. I feel so many things right now! I'm so excited, I'm so proud, I'm so in love, I'm so humbled, I'm so shocked, and I'm a little sad to know that one whole year has passed by. It's about 8 am right now and this is when I got the call that they wanted me to come into the hospital at 12:00 noon to start the induction. I go in at noon, get hooked up to IVs after getting settled and they start the process. About 3 hours later I wake up to starting to feel just some minor contractions, the put in some light pain medication and say the next time I wake up I'll need an epidural. They were right.

I wake up probably 3 more hours later to some more intense pain... still not that bad and I say, let's go ahead and do this epidural thing. Epidural in, and it's time to go back to sleep. :) About 4 hours later, the nurses have been a little concerned that Eli's heart rate had been dropping (remember that you saw that too Kelli?) and they were about to put an internal monitor on his head to see what's going on. My doctor just happened to be there to check on me (it's almost 10:00 pm at this point) and so he himself got ready to put the monitor on Eli, he's goes to check me and says those words "hmm. You know Amanda I don't think that is his head." I said, "really?" He said, "let's get a sonogram done." So, they wheeled in the machine, I got to see my sweet baby again, and sure enough, he was breech. I said, "So what does that mean? When am I going to have him?" He said, "in about 30 minutes" and they prepped me for surgery. At 10:39, he was born! It was so exciting, and such a blur... 
Tonight is his party. Of course there will be pictures! 

We love you Eli. 



16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah for 1 year old!!! I have watched Eli grow this last year and I feel like I know him. I can't wait to see pictures of his party!

Stacey said...

Oh he is so precious!! He was absolutely perfect (and still is)!! Hope he has a wonderful party!

Catherine said...

Happy birthday Eli! I hope you guys enjoy today and celebrate!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Eli!! :)
Can you believe how fast a year has gone by? :) Now he's on his way to two! Gosh...how they grow!! :)

Shaunna said...

Happy Birthday Eli! What a precious video of your precious little boy!!

mhuffman said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!! I hope your party is wonderful!

Pen the Tale said...

Happy Birthday Eli!

sarahdodson said...

I can't believe he's ONE. My son is right behind him. It's been so fun to follow his life. Happy Birthday, Eli!

The Mellberg Family said...

They grow way to fast but 1 year olds are really fun too.

Happy Birthday Eli!!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

I can't believe he is already a year old!!! I remember stalking your blog, waiting for birth updates. :) Happy Birthday, Eli!!!!

Jennifer-Colley said...

I cannot believe he is already one! Crazy how time flies! Cannot wait to see you in a few weeks! Give Eli a birthday hug for us!

Anonymous said...

One question...did you tear up when you were singing to him? I know you did....I know you too well!

Anonymous said...

Oops...that comment is from me. Sorry! <3 Kelli

GloryandGrace said...

Can you BELIEVE IT?!?! Oh my goodness - I was thinking of you this week, since you were expecting Eli at about the same time I was getting ready for my wedding! My how the year has FLOWN by!

Amanda said...

hahaha... Of course Kelli!!! I tear up just thinking of Kate so ... yes, you know me all too well :)

CC said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!!! sorry that it comes so close to Christmas, but hopefully that will just mean double the loot for you. ;)