Saturday, December 27, 2008

Movies, ringworm, a virus, and the chicken

On Christmas Day my family decided that we would go see Marley & Me. It's pretty much tradition for us to go see a movie that day and we hold to it! So, the big difference this year is that Wes and I have a one year old, named Eli... I'm sure I've mentioned him before :) and he has never been to a movie. We load up, drive to the theatre, and get settled for the 5:05 showing of Marley & Me. Eli is doing good, he's eating crackers and fruit but you could tell that he's getting really sleepy. He still takes two naps. Once the movie begins he is passed from my aunt down the row until he gets to me. Yep, he's really tired and keeps crashing his head into my shoulder trying to go to sleep. After a few minutes of this, it's just not going to happen. Wes, being the incredible husband and father that he is, says that I don't need to worry, just sit and watch the movie and he'll take Eli. 

Wes packs up Eli's stuff, takes him to the car. From texts I get throughout the movie, Wes played some jazz for him, changed a poopy diaper, fed him the rest of the crackers, Wes ate the last cracker, sang some songs, drove him around, and then finally Eli went to sleep. Thanks honey. I love you!

Eli has these spots on his back every once in awhile that feel really rough. They are the same color of his skin and basically they are just little dry patches. He started getting one on his lower back after Thanksgiving but I didn't think too much about it and just put extra lotion on it. After time went on, it started getting a little red, and then it started looking like a faint little circle... now I was getting concerned obviously. We ended up taking him to the doctor and we all pretty much agreed that it was probably ringworm and to put antifungal cream on that spot everyday. ew. ringworm?? are you serious? where in the world would he get that?! so... gross. My child has a fungus. His doctor said it's pretty common and there is no way to tell where he got it and it's not that big of a deal. but still. ew.

Wes, my sister Amy, and my brother Josh (who is home from London for awhile. yay!) and I all drove back home from Austin yesterday. I woke up with a little sore throat and wasn't feeling that great but was in "go mode" and wanted to get home. So after the drive, which was awesome because there was no traffic on 35!!!, and once the car was unloaded I started feeling way worse. I went to the family clinic by our house and my strep test was negative so the doc said it is probably a virus and that's that. boo on that.

Last night we were feeding Eli some sort of chicken/veggie/pasta something and I noticed that Eli was holding a little pack of food in his left cheek. The more I fed him the more I could tell that he was segregating the chicken from rest of the food and just holding it there! After a few more bites he spits out all of the chicken onto his shirt and wanted more food. I fed him some more, he did his chipmunk thing and stored some chicken off to the side and well... just take a look...


9 comments:

Yomaida said...

Darling post! What a nice hubby! AND I love your new header picture...you both are so pretty...have I said that before? Anyway, happy you enjoyed the holidays! :-)

Susanlee said...

Aw, he must not like the texture of the chicken. In the 50's my grandfather used to fight chickens, and after that he (and my grandmother) wouldn't eat it anymore. Maybe Eli will be a vegetarian. Don't stress about the ringworm, we get it here occasionally, usually from my niece and nephew. Itchy, but totally no big.

Penny Rodgers said...

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type! Eli spitting out that chicken is the funniest thing I've ever seen! ...and it just keeps comin'!

The Kalivoda's said...

oh my goodness...eli and maddox are so much alike!! Maddox stores his chicken in his cheeks and will just leave it there...i have to check his mouth after every meal!!!

yes yes, i cut my hair!!!

GloryandGrace said...

Did you love the movie as much as I did?? I don't think there was a dry eye in the theater!

Taren said...

Okay, that video of Eli is so funny. You might have you a little vegetarian!! He's so cute!

Nana said...

Sounds like you are all a mess. I don't think Eli likes chicken.haha I hope you are all feeling better.

The Muse said...

what a cute FAMILY :)
have a happy new year!

The Mellberg Family said...

That is so funny. Guess he doesn't like chicken. Too bad everything taste like chicken though. Hope you are feeling better.