Just being a little sentimental tonight (yes Wes, it is possible for me to be sentimental at times) and going through some of Eli's baby pictures. It's probably not the best idea considering I'm always teetering on an emotional train wreck but I decided to do it none the less.
Things he is up to lately:
- only wanting to feed himself: Mr. Independent
- used to call my dad (who wants to be called Gramps), Josh, but now calls my dad Peach (which in 22 month old pronunciation sounds a lot like a certain b word)
- says "tane koo mommy" (thank you) to almost everything I do
- repeats every action and word that comes from Wes
- still loves Yo Gabba Gabba more than I can stand and frequently requests "Jack Back" from the episode that Jack Black was on. geez...
- has changed my dog's name (Ebony) to Taffy, which is my sister's dog's name and I refuse to call her Taffy
- will fall down on purpose and say "awyuh ok" over and over until I finally ask him if he's ok :)
- completely obsessed with the drums and plays them almost all day long. He wants to hit everything with a drumstick. We tell him "Eli, you only hit the drums with the drumsticks" and so he just points to what he just hit (your leg, the furniture, the wall, whatever) and says, "drum" uggh....
- when he finds random sippy cups around the house he calls them "ole nilk" (old milk) haha...
- loves to lay on my belly and say "hi Judah!"
- refuses to say the word "outside" and instead just says "nah" and points to the door
- can recognize E and 5 almost anywhere and will tell you over and over that he sees them
- practices jumping every day
- loves loves LOVES his "tutle" and "monkey" stuffed animals and will ask them if they want milk and tries to feed them crackers (adorable!!)
- if one person gives him a high five in a group, he makes everyone give him a high five
- has broken almost every lamp in the house playing the drums on them
- knows what "time out" is and hates being there, but did put himself in there one day for no reason at all
- and he still loves to be held and cuddled (on his own time of course) and loves Wes and I to pieces, just like we love him
I really never knew it would be this way.
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone