Friday, April 11, 2008

Eli and the "tummy time" progession

I honestly like my job a lot...most of the time. But coming home to Wes and Eli is the best part of my day! Eli is still hating tummy time (as you will soon see). But he is just loving everything else! He loves to talk, swing, dance, sing, grab at everything, and watch TV... terrible... I know... But here is what I came home to yesterday...it is awesome...


oh, and Jennifer, I am SO happy for you guys! Happy probably isn't even the right word... my heart overflows with joy for you! Many more prayers will be said for this amazing time! Love you both!

Tummy Time

Here is Eli right when he gets on his tummy. Not too bad. He's feeling kind of ok. He hasn't started kicking his legs like crazy and breathing hard yet.

Now he's starting to realize exactly what's going on. Legs are kicking, arms are not moving, and he's slowly starting to slide off the pillow.

Eli has almost had it. He gives me one last look of desperation and I don't pick him up. Such a pitiful face...

And now he's mad...

So after a short bit of flailing (and me hoping he'll get mad and start pushing or something...which never happens...) I pick him up and we're both sad that he's sad.

And just to make sure he knows that I know tummy time is terrible...he gives out one more little cry...and I knew it was coming...

So after that he's much better and moving on with his life. Ebony is running around so he's watching her, and Wes joins us. :)




5 comments:

Susanlee said...

Hehe....I love angry baby pictures, they're so cute.

A Mere Thought said...

ha ha ha....
first of all...I really love the video...that is so awesome!!!
second of all....the tummy time...oh lord!!!

Miss y'all!

Missie said...

Oh.. you three are going to have a fun family. :) You guys are so silly.

The Mellberg Family said...

Too stickin' cute. Brier hated tummy too, and yes he can hold his head up straight.

Ashley said...

Ha ha! June HATED tummy time too. I think it's b/c her little tummy wasn't so little. Don't stress too much. He will push up, crawl, and get into everything very soon!