Thursday, June 28, 2007

Losing a mother

Today I found out that my friend Kayla's mother died on Sunday in a motorcycle accident. I know SO many people now who live every day without their mom. Some are younger, some are older, but they all live every day with out their mother. I know this is something that almost everyone will go through at some point in their lives...but I literally thought my heart would stop beating when my grandmother died, so this... I cannot even fathom. I think God gives us some sort of special kind of angels during times like that. The kind that buffer you a little more than usual to the harshness of the world. Anyway, to think of all of that, and to think that I'm going to be a mom...technically I guess I am a mom. It's just a totally different perspective...maybe a little deeper perspective.

God please be with Kayla and her sweet family during this time. And to all the rest of those who have lost their mothers too.

No comments: