Wednesday, December 12, 2007

7 more days!

A week from today (if all goes as planned) my son Eli will be making his entrance into the world! I'm trying to use the phrase "my son" a little more often only because for some reason that seems a little more real to me. I have two more days at school this week after today, and I'm almost done with my lesson plans so that is making me feel much better also!

Yesterday I told all my classes. They are so cute! My students seem really excited and like "whoa!" at the same time! We've kind of grown through a lot of this pregnancy together... I've become bigger and bigger and then they have had to deal with that! haha... everything from picking stuff off the floor for me to widening the aisles in my classroom because I kept bumping into people, to finally just passing back the papers themselves...haha... they are awesome and they will be missed! The end of the first semester is always when you really start bonding and all of that, so it's not the best time to be leaving them and then not be back until February. So, I'm really going to try and stay connected with them through weekly (or biweekly) updates, which is very easy since my sweet dad works at the school!

Right now I'm feeling very ready. The magical pills my doctor gave me still work and I'm just surrounded by people who are so excited for us, that it really makes this whole time really special. I look at my girls in high school who are pregnant and feel very sad for them that they are not surrounded by excitement like I am. I don't know how people go through this already stressful time without the support of the masses. So thank you all so much dear friends! I will never be able to express how much it means to have you praying for us, saying sweet things to us, and using exclamation points when you talk to us! (smile) You are all treasured!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love you too!*smile*

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a pregnant girl in my class/at school. I mean, those are my little girls all grown up becoming mothers! Wow! Scary! I don't want to think of them growing up and becoming a teenage mother :0( Hopefully they won't!