Saturday, December 1, 2007

Head for the exit

So...have I mentioned lately that I am so ready to GET THIS BABY OUT?! The number 1 response I get to that is "they are much easier to take care of while in there than out here." And because this is coming from people that have already had a baby, I'm sure that is true. But my response is, GET THIS BABY OUT! :)

I'm at 36 weeks now. This is the first time that I've experienced any pain with this pregnancy. I mean, I've been uncomfortable before but not in a pain kind of way. Probably on Wednesday of last week I woke up with constant lower back pain and kind of an achyness in my abdomen. I have discovered that I've actually been having Braxton Hicks contractions without knowing it, but they have become just a tiny bit uncomfortable since I'm already in a little bit of pain. I think the word pain might be too strong...but it's kind of like an achy feel I guess. Anyways...it hasn't been getting any worse day by day, but it has definitely stayed around. fun fun...

This weekend I have entered into the I MUST GET EVERYTHING CLEANED UP stage. :) So, I'm off to get that done! Hopefully I can get it all finished and post some pics of my hard work well done...haha... :)

5 comments:

Susanlee said...

Not that I know from experience, but I would think it would be easier to have the baby out than in. I mean, yeah, there's feeding and changing and the constant need for attention, but then again, he's not going to be kicking your kidneys anymore, right? I'm so excited for you, and I think about you every day. You should post a picture of you're totally not shameful (I'm sure) tree.

C said...

I think I've told you ... that no matter how many experienced mothers remind you that you want that little sweetie to cook as long as he will ... you will still look at us like we're idiots in these final days and decide that it's a conspiracy or something. :)

You can't speak reason to a first-time mother in the final weeks of pregnancy. It's just not possible.

So, I won't even try.

Just be sure you take the time to post the first time you think, "Dang! I wonder if I could shove him back in just for a couple of hours?!" heh. heh.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Don't worry! It won't be long now til Eli is here! Have you gone on maternity leave yet?

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, we also need a picture of your beautiful self at 36 weeks! :0)

The Mellberg Family said...

That is true, they are easier in instead of out. Natural feeding system and no diaper changes but they are more fun out instead of in. He'll be here in no time. Make sure you and Wes go on a nice date night soon and enjoy each other and spend some nice quite time together.