Friday, September 28, 2007

The Moche

The Moche are an extinct South American people group that I was teaching my students about yesterday. My students take fill-in-the-blank notes in that class from a PowerPoint that we are discussing at the same time. I was telling them that the Moche hunted wild ducks, pigs, and deer, however, when those words came up on the screen, it looked like this:

They hunted wild dicks, pigs, and deer.

I'm not sure if you caught what just happened, but my students ALL did. There was this huge gasp followed by uncontrollable laughter that I thought I would never regain control over the class. The lights were off except for 2 lamps and you could still tell that my face was bright red! (sigh) I'm glad I was able to provide some entertainment for them... And totally humiliated that my PowerPoint said that...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahahahaha..what did you do?! I would have no idea what to do. That's why I teach kindergarten! See when stuff like that happens, we are the only ones that know what it means and we get to laugh about it. Guess it's not the same in high school ;0) You KNOW they talked about you all day long! In our class this week we're learning about the letter "n" and when one of my fellow teachers was telling her students how to draw the letter, she said you make a line and then go back up and curve over, making a hump. One little boy pipes up and says, "I'm a great humper!" :0)

Susanlee said...

*howls with laughter* I want to comment but I can't stop laughing...I'll be back later.

stollison said...

Oh no! That is hilarious! I am laughing out loud by myself in my "office" at home. This is hysterical!

A Mere Thought said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! THAT IS GREAT!

C said...

You'll be a legend!

Catherine said...

I am laughing so hard right now!! That is too funny!! If it helps, I haven't heard about this in the halls or my room yet!

LeRay said...

That is too funny!! I had to read a story in class the other day and it had a few words in it that made me hesitate, you know like another word for a rooster and also another word for a cat. I hesitated and read on and just waited for some reaction, i was pleased to see that my 4th graders were still a bit innocent. WHew!!!
I will not keep that in the lesson plans for next year! :)
Keep on entertaining them!