Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hudson, The Rolling Stone: Chapter 1

The stories I'm about to tell you are true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, but not one word of this is made up.

There is a student named Hudson. Hudson is in Ms. Sugar's class. Here are some things that you need to know about Hudson before the story begins:

When you first meet Hudson, you notice some obvious physical things. He's in a wheelchair, he's not very tall but he's a rounder fellow, he has spikey hair, he wears thick glasses, and he always has headphones around his neck that he usually puts in his ears as soon as class begins. Hudson is also allergic to latex. He says he is very hard of hearing and he loves puzzles. And so the stories begin...

Hudson rolls in to class and decides he's going to stop at the big table by the door instead of coming all the way in to class to join the groups. Ms. Sugar's first impression of him was when he decided to park there, put his headphones on his head, take out his word searches, and doesn't pay attention to anything Ms. Sugar is doing in class. That's not the best first impression to leave, but as teachers, you cut them some slack and press on.

As the rest of the class is working and joining in on the day's activities, Hudson decides he's going to write himself a letter. Ms. Sugar sees him doing this, but lets him continue. After awhile, Hudson raises his hand high into the air and yells out in almost a comical tone "Ms. Sugar! I'm going to read you a letter my friend wrote to me! Dear Hudson, I don't want to be your friend anymore! I don't want you coming to my house and bothering me anymore!" Now, Ms. Sugar isn't quite sure how to handle this, but it's the first day, so she doesn't let it become a big scene and Hudson goes about his word searches. Later on, she tries to get him to join the group. He starts scratching his arm over and over again and again yells as only he can, "If you make me join that group I'll kill myself and my friends will be really mad at you!" The period comes to a close and Hudson rolls himself out the door.

Now, of course the appropriate people have been contacted, and he may seem like some scary soul right now, but he's not scary, just different. Just wait until Chapter 2 to hear more about Hudson.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I can't wait to come back to school after hearing that! Can't wait for chapter 2!!

Amanda Stravinsky said...

awww that's so sad!! he does seem kinda freaky but i bet deep down he has a wonderful heart and beautiful soul =)

Unknown said...

I know..since I don't have a husband to hug and love on me all the time, I teach elementary school! The little kids are always willing to hang all over you ;0) Oh yeah,Ms. Sugar will definitely be in my prayers!

stollison said...

Oh my goodness!