Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hump Day

Happy Hump Day morning! hahaha... I literally cringe every time some one says that phrase. Yes, of course I know what they mean by that, but when a teacher is saying that in the hall (especially of a high school), I believe the exact phrase was "Good job guys! We've made it to Hump Day!", I just can't help but A: be embarrassed for the teacher, and B: be embarrassed myself when all the kids are laughing. The beautiful thing is that no one really cares, and it's more hilarious than most little phrases people use, but really, Hump Day?? haha...I just thought I'd give you some food for thought this morning. :)

The week has been going really well so far! I'm doing a lot better at learning names in class, now I just have to be able to say their name when they aren't in class. My little World History class starting showing some of their colors yesterday and I loved it! The first day is always weird and I never like it. It's just weird because it's a lot of information for them and a lot of fake personalities, so I prefer to just get that day over with! I'm still learning to watch the time. We now have 50 minute classes instead of 89, so it's a slight adjustment, but I think a beneficial one. I wish you guys could meet my kids though! A lot of them seem really fun and quirky (my favorite) and then some of them seem kind of dark and too cool for school (my other favorite), so I am loving this!

1 comment:

Susanlee said...

eww... I hate "hump day" too. I just find it really offensive. I'm glad you're having a good time so far...